Question

Dave Warren lists at hireahit.com
Fri Jul 20 03:53:07 EDT 2012

On 7/17/2012 8:23 AM, Mark Palen wrote:

> We are in a corporate environment and use Pidgin for those of us who
> want to IM.  We had an incident where one of our lady's AIM account
> was hacked and the avatar was replaced with a very indecent picture.
> When she sent an IM to others within the office this picture came up
> as her avatar.
>
> Pidgin has worked very well for us, however, is there any way to block
> the avatar?

What if the "hacker" decides to send indecent pictures out via file
transfer, or sends dirty messages, will you disable those features as well?

A better approach might be to avoid having your accounts compromised,
and when it happens, to deal with it as quickly and appropriately as
possible.

There's no way to disable avatars.

--
Dave Warren