Help with error 401

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Mon Jun 25 14:20:03 EDT 2012

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:25:34 +0000
Kathleen Murphy <Kathleen.Murphy at MCDEAN.COM> wrote:

> My pidgin account recently stopped working.
> When I go to connect I am getting an error "401: Not Authorized".
> Can you let me know what this means and possible ways to fix?

Well you don't have a pidgin "account", but you probably do have an IM
service's account which you access using Pidgin.

Please tell us more about which service you use and perhaps show us the
contents of the debug window (accessed via the Help menu) with any
passwords or other sensitive details removed.

--

Brian Morrison