ref : Pidgin and Smarsh support

Paul A. Brophy Paul.Brophy at lightindustries.com
Thu Jun 28 11:00:33 EDT 2012

Hi Support

I am trying to use Pidgin with Smarsh IM archiving using the AIM service as one of my IM mediums.

Smarsh hosted IM proxy information : http://www.smarsh.com/instant-message-archiving
Smarsh hosted IM proxy setup for Trillian :
https://app.smarsh.com/prinsite/my/c_helpfaq.aspx?pf=1&view=entry&s_faq_id=168
https://app.smarsh.com/prinsite/my/c_helpfaq.aspx?pf=1&view=entry&s_faq_id=301

the settings in Pidgin that I am using are the following for AIM and Smarsh Proxy

[cid:image002.png at 01CD551C.38AB5450]

These settings work for the first time you log in using them to AIM through Pidgin but after X times logging in and out, it will fail and say :

[cid:image003.png at 01CD551C.38AB5450]

X times can be from 2 to 5 times but after I get this message, I cannot log back into AIM until I remove the account and then re-add it again to Pidgin.

I do not have these issues when using Trillian but with Trillian I have to use the Port 5192 instead of with Pidgin Port 5191.
Is there anything else I can do to get this working or could you suggest for me to try to make this work?

If you need any additional information, please let me know.

I am open to any and all ideas.

Thx
Paul

This message is for information only, and unless otherwise specified, it does

not constitute a binding commitment by Light Industries Service Corporation.