Error message in Pidgin

Erdy Barlahan only1rd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 15:07:03 EST 2012

The self signed certification has expired. Now, users get the following
message after launching Pidgin:
"SSL Certificate Verification. Accept certificate for <name of server>? The
certificate for <name of server> could not be validated.
The certificate has expired and should not be considered valid".
Users click on "accept" button, and can continue using Pidgin.
How do I renew a self signed cert, which expired yesterday? I can't find
the CA or the certificate. If possible, how can I renew the cert via Open
Fire Management Console v3.4.2. thanks!