Error message in Pidgin

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Mar 1 17:54:17 EST 2012

Erdy Barlahan wrote:

> Users click on "accept" button, and can continue using Pidgin.

Unfortunately very few people really care about security!

> How do I renew a self signed cert, which expired yesterday? I can't find

This is not a Pidgin question, it is something that has to be done on
the server.

I'm not sure you can actually renew a certificate and have it treated as
the same trusted one, but even if you can, you shouldn't as one of the
reasons for giving finite lives to certificates is the longer they are
in use the more chance that someone will have cracked the key.  You
should create a new certificate (and distribute it, or at least its key
fingerprint, by secure means that don't rely on the certificate).

> the CA or the certificate. If possible, how can I renew the cert via
> Open Fire Management Console v3.4.2. thanks!

I am pretty sure that Open Fire Management Console has nothing to do
with Pidgin.

--
David Woolley