problem while installing manual installation of Spell check

subhani shaik subhani466 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 14:31:19 EST 2012

Hi ,

I tried to install spell check manually with FAQ info but with no luck.
Is there a way to install Spell-checking support
manually?<http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Installing%20Pidgin#manual_win32_spellcheck_installation>

Yes, if the installer isn't able to successfully download and install the
dictionaries, you can do so manually.

Versions 2.7.0 and newer use the dictionaries available from the openoffice
extension download
site<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries>.
You need to download the appropriate language extension file(s) (files are
openoffice extensions *.oxt, which are just zip files that contain
additional data). Once you have downloaded a dictionary extension file, you
can rename it so it has a .zip extension and then extract the *.dic and
*.aff files in it to <Pidgin Installation
Directory>\spellcheck\share\enchant\myspell\ (create the directories if
they don't exist already).
If Pidgin is running, it will need to be restarted for new dictionaries to
be recognized.

Versions older than 2.7.0 use Aspell; you can download both the Aspell core
and a dictionary from the win32 Aspell website <http://aspell.net/win32>.

I downloaded EN_US plugin and tried to install but it's showing this error
page

[image: Inline image 1]

i hit "OK". and how to rename this downloaded plugin into *.zip .

Could you please help me out from this problem and let me know where i went
wrong.

Thanks & Regards,

Subhani