Windows Focus

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Mon Mar 5 15:19:03 EST 2012

Hi all,

   I'm having trouble with Pidgin not taking focus when a message is sent to
a user. I've setup a private (intranet) Openfire server using xmpp only.
Users can login and send messages to any of our locations without problem
but, the messages won't take focus and are therefore hidden behind anything
that is open at the receiving computer. Has anyone run into this and found a
solution? Openfire is running on WAMP on Windows 2008 server (R1) and Pidgin
is running on Windows 7 sp1.

TIA,

Dan Will

Technology Supervisor

Meigs County District Public Library

 <mailto:willda at oplin.org> willda at oplin.org

740.992.5813

740.992.6140 (fax)

"When you are growing up there are two institutional places that affect you
most powerfully:

the church that belongs to God and the public library that belongs to you.

The public library is the great equalizer."

Keith Richards