Pidgin info...

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Tue Mar 6 12:56:38 EST 2012

Ajit Jagannathan spake unto us the following wisdom:
> We provide restricted access to our support staff, as there is a request
> to allow pidgin access need your technical team support in answering
> below query:

You need to have whoever is actually technical at your company answer
this query, we cannot.

> 1)      Can you confirm ports no, which has to be allowed in firewall
> (cisco asa/pix) for pidgin to be accessed properly.

No.  One does not "access" Pidgin.  Pidgin is a client for instant
messaging services.  One uses Pidgin to access those services, and the
(outgoing) ports which must be allowed are those of the protocol being
accessed.

> 2)      Also please confirm the ip range which has to be allowed for
> pidgin tool.

See above.

Ethan