Intermittent connection problems

Steven Gauna smcgauna at gmail.com
Wed May 23 01:47:20 EDT 2012

Uninstalling Pidgin doesn't remove user account profiles.  Your user
account profile will typically be stored under either the (Windows)
%appdata%\.purple or (Linux) ~/.purple directory.

If you remove that, all settings you have will be lost.  I would recommend
renaming it to something like .purple.old and reopening it to see if the
problem persists.  This way if you find that there was something in the old
profile you needed, it will still be there.  If the problem persists, you
may want to open up the debug window via the Help menu and capture some
debug output for a while as the problem occurs.  Note the time it occurs at
and that should pinpoint where in the log to look for the issue.

Then attach the log to your reply, along with your notes of what time
ranges the behavior occurs between.  This may assist in tracking down the
culprit behind the error.