Intermittent connection problems

Dean Mazur pacific1927 at earthlink.net
Tue May 22 23:12:22 EDT 2012

I'm running Pidgin on 4 different computers.  One of them seems to exhibit problems with showing a status of "Offline" when that person has not logged off.  The status can toggle between "Online" and "Offline" every 30 seconds or so.

That computer had a problem with the on-line installation during the library download, so I uninstalled, then reinstalled using the file "pidgin-2.10.4-offline.exe".

I noticed that settings I had made were preserved, so uninstall is not complete, apparently.

If further testing with the other 3 computers shows no trouble, how can I completely uninstall Pidgin and try again?