Pidgin Proxy servers

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Wed Nov 28 18:21:15 EST 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Leon Goldstein
<lgoldstein at innervisionit.com> wrote:

> Compliance=  we us a third party service to capture all instant messages
> and it works by assigning a proxy.

Pidgin has reasonably good proxy support, it supports HTTP, SOCKS4 and
SOCKS5 proxies.

The biggest known gap in functionality that I'm aware of is support
for PAC files.

The only smarsh reference I've heard of was someone who had difficulty
getting the AIM protocol to work through it - it looked like smarsh
was changing something about the server's response to the point where
it was problematic for pidgin.
You can see the thread here:
http://pidgin.im/pipermail/support/2012-July/thread.html#12035

-D