Problems with Pidgin Portable

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Mon Oct 22 10:25:15 EDT 2012

Anna Fedorova spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Could you please specify, whether you have an oficially supported
> portable version of Pidgin? If you do, could you please send me one or
> give me a link for the latest version? I really like this program and
> not ready to give it up like this.

We do not.  The only officially supported versions of Pidgin are those
linked from http://pidgin.im/download/.  Any other versions (including
the PortableApps.com Pidgin, which is what I believe you are
referencing) are third-party packaging.

That said, I believe Portable Apps actually packages a more or less
stock Pidgin instance.  What version are you using, and on what
protocol are you seeing lost messages?

Ethan