Log Files

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Oct 23 16:16:21 EDT 2012

El día Tuesday, October 23, 2012 a las 01:08:04PM -0700, Dave Warren escribió:

> On 10/23/2012 12:52, Matthias Apitz wrote:
>
> > In any case, what I really wanted to point out: again someone is
> > asking for information or help without specifying the OS and more
> > details of the environment. matthias
>
> Given that the original poster didn't mention their OS, is using
> Outlook, and that ~90% of the desktop market uses Windows, it's
> reasonable to assume Windows unless otherwise specified. Also consider
> that users of less popular OSes are used to specifying their OS, whereas
> Windows users usually don't, so this alone can be reasonably assumed to
> be Windows more often than not ...

I do not question what you say, but do you think that someone asking for
help, even someone from the ~90% of the desktop market, has the right to
be lazy to provide information about the OS (and the used version of
pidgin)? That was my point concerning the OP.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: www.asciiribbon.org
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  \ / - No HTML/RTF in E-mail