Log Files

Dave Warren lists at hireahit.com
Tue Oct 23 16:08:04 EDT 2012

On 10/23/2012 12:52, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> In any case, what I really wanted to point out: again someone is
> asking for information or help without specifying the OS and more
> details of the environment. matthias

Given that the original poster didn't mention their OS, is using
Outlook, and that ~90% of the desktop market uses Windows, it's
reasonable to assume Windows unless otherwise specified. Also consider
that users of less popular OSes are used to specifying their OS, whereas
Windows users usually don't, so this alone can be reasonably assumed to
be Windows more often than not

Not only that, but assuming Windows will generate less list-noise than
asking every time. If you assume and get it right 90%+ of the time, only
10% fire back a "but I use 'x' OS" reply. If you ask every time, then
you get it right 0% of the time and 100% need another round-trip.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/