Fw: [Spam] Re: Pidgin Refresh

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sat Oct 27 17:47:00 EDT 2012

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 20:19:53 +0100
From: "Dave Davenport" <dave.davenport at usa.net>
To: "'Shlomi Fish'" <shlomif at shlomifish.org>
Subject: RE: [Spam] Re: Pidgin Refresh

I tried Pidgin and passed it over in favour of Yahoo Messenger. The main
reasons were that YM supported:
	Many foreign languages, including Vietnamese
	The interface is reasonably intuitive and nicer than Google/MS
	No requirement to have any other online presence
		the Yahoo account is not intrusive
	Gmail, etc. moved toward integrated communications via email
platform
	Additional features such as -
		File/photo sharing (more than one method available)
		Web cobrowse (via Webex) - indespensible
		Scratchpad (simple whiteboad)
	Just simply tons better than Google & MS offerings

I understand that YM is drifting in the same direction as Google and that
might spell the end for my relationship with Yahoo. If you can clone YM and
support integrated web cobrowsing (as opposed to using a 3rd party plugin
like YM) then you could have a winner, but anything less is likely to be a
spectacular flop. The big bug in TM is that the sponsor adverts sometimes
cause the client to bomb out: it has been better with the latest (final
release) but for some reason cobrowse functionality disappeared at the same
time. (Fortunately I have several installations of YM so I left the others
at the previous version).

Anyway, you could dispense with the averts. Charge 100,000 people $5 for
life and you have a nice income for a few years!

Good luck
Dave