Automated Message as soon as anyone joins a chatroom

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Mon Sep 10 22:54:32 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 10:57:33PM +0530, Ajay Singh wrote:
> Just to clarify. We need this message to flash to the person who joins the
> chatroom as an individual ping and not in the chatroom

As Shlomi has said a bot could easily do this (though it would need to sit
in the room at all times for this to work).

A possible alternative would be to write a plugin/module/patch for the
server software you are using to have it generate such messages for you
automatically.

Lastly, if the requirement could be eased to simply involve the user being
presented with the message (in the chatroom) then using the normal room
topic would likely suffice (and would require no modifications to either
client or server).

    -Etan