problem using pidgin

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed Sep 12 11:39:26 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:47 AM, Robin ROUMEZI <robin at arddi.fr> wrote:
> I logged in but I only have a blank page with the message "you require
> encryption, but it is not available on your server". Is it the problem ?

This sounds like you're trying to connect to an XMPP server which does
not allow encrypted connections, and the settings for your account
specify that the account will refuse to connect if encryption is not
available.  I think you'll either need to change the server to support
encryption (possibly by installing an SSL certificate), or change the
settings for your account to allow unencrypted authentication.