1000 buddies : when would there presence be queried after startup ?

xteo xteo at mac.com
Fri Sep 28 12:17:29 EDT 2012

Hi ,

We are gonna use pidgin as the IM client in my company we are gonna have around 1000 users .
And ideally we want to pre-populate the client with all the user.

We had issue in the past with performance on the server side, so the question is when is the presence of a user been queried ? Is that possible to have that only on demand and remove the presence tracking / notification for most users ?

We plan to write a custom UI and talk with pidgin over the dbus so we wouldn't have to display the user for the most part ?

Any help , or URL or source file I should real is most welcome !!

Thanks

Damien

Sent from my iPad.