Inquiry - Automatic Pidgin Status Update When Using Software

Martin martin at integraldxengineering.ca
Wed Apr 10 13:07:38 EDT 2013

Good afternoon,
I am simply wondering if there is an easy way to get the Pidgin status
message to update itself to "Program X in use..." automatically when I
am using a certain program (thus letting Buddies know that the program
is in-use, since we are working with a network license). Similarly, the
status should be changed back to "Available" when the program is
closed.  I am not much of a programmer, but I can easily follow any
instructions to make this adjustment if necessary. I would appreciate
knowing whether or not this is feasible or if a plug-in will need to be
developed. If a plug-in is required, would someone be kind enough to
implement one?
Regards,
Martin