question

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Apr 19 08:06:03 EDT 2013

Jack wrote:
> I have now my pc running unbuntu linux
> i had when i was using windows 2 skypeaccounts
> in linux it wil not succeed me i found youre site but could not find
> support for skype wil this be in the nesar future?

Not unless Microsoft change their licensing policy for Skype, or release
the protocol specification into the public domain (it is currently a
trade secret, protected against reverse engineering by encryption).
(That is public domain for the knowledge - the specification document
could still be copyrighted.)

http://theflamingbanker.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/pidgin-and-impending-shutdown-of.html
(second paragraph.)

--