Is gaim v1.5.0 safe to use?

James Hozier guitarscn1 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 14:41:05 EDT 2013

I just prefer the overall feel/look of (default) gaim, but I'm mostly concerned about security issues and whatnot. I would use Pidgin if it didn't use GTK like no-theme gaim, the buddy list icons weren't that green dot thing, the font was like the old gaim, etc. without the hassle of spending the time trying to customize Pidgin, if it's even possible to make Pidgin look like the old gaim. So I'm just wondering if it's safe to use gaim v1.5.0 without being worried about vulnerabilities or exploits out in the wild, otherwise I'd rather use the ugly client and rest assured that it's more secure.