Security

jochen.herrmann at unifo.lu jochen.herrmann at unifo.lu
Fri Aug 9 07:37:08 EDT 2013

Hi there,

as we all know is Skype is no longer a safe communication tool, due to the
fact that the NSA & friends are listening.

Thus I am now trying to find a replacement. But every software made by a
company from the US, UK, Canada , New Zealand or Australia is also
potential unsafe, as they can get at any time a secret court order from a
secret court and ... NSA and friends are back in your personal or business
 communications, spying on you.

Thus I would like to know whether :

1. Pidgin development is really 100% Open Source
2. There is no organisation based in one of the above mentioned countries
behind this software.

Kind Regards,

Joe Herrmann