How to uninstall failed installation?

Petebardo petebardo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 18:20:22 EDT 2013

Hi Guys,

Someone started to install Pidgin on one of our machines. The
installation failed. Now when I start up, a batch file runs. It attempts
to delete a hidden file, then checks to see if the file still exists. Of
course, it does still exist because you can't delete a hidden file that
way without first un-hiding the file.

The file is a numbered .exe file. When I look at the properties, It says
something about Pidgin. I manually deleted the batch file and 4 of the
numbered .exe files (each with a different number, but all the same size
with the same properties). But it keeps doing this every time I re-start
the machine.

How do I get rid of this?

Thanks,

Pete Bardo