API

Avisewerel i at valt.me
Sun Aug 18 19:21:13 EDT 2013

Hello, guys

As a heavy VK-XMPP user, I want to help you. First of all, VK API is
well-documented and provides a playground for each its method.

> Where is API documented in sufficient detail to implement code for it?
Here is a method for getting a list of private messages -
https://vk.com/dev/messages.get. As well here goes a list of methods related
to messaging subsystem (in the right column).

There are two main stortages:

1) you have to have a VK account
2) you need to get an oAuth2 access account which could be achieved by
following an token issuing procedure (log in to VK, request an access token
and extract it from a final URL).

> Alternatively, who is prepared reverse engineer the data on the wire?
I will be happy to prepare this data, but how should it look like?