Question Regarding OTR Plugin

sentagon at riseup.net sentagon at riseup.net
Wed Aug 21 23:32:46 EDT 2013

I am surprised that it needs to be installed separately. Currently I am
using JITSI for my secure communication. One of the reasons I installed
PIDGIN is that I am looking to use TAILS and TAILS includes a default
installation of PIDGIN. In this context, I have expected that OTR would be
an integral part of PIDGIN. Not only it isn't part of the PIDGIN
implementation, there is also not association between PIDGIN development
team and people developing the OTR plugin. Any comments?