Fwd: about accounts file

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Aug 25 13:32:24 EDT 2013

El día Sunday, August 25, 2013 a las 12:49:45PM -0400, Ethan Blanton escribió:

> Matthias Apitz spake unto us the following wisdom:
> > $ echo 'Oj4=puC/8jq' | openssl enc -base64
> > T2o0PXB1Qy84anEK
>
> If your assertion is that someone will remember Oj4=puC/8jq but not
> T2o0PXB1Qy84anEK, then your argument has descended into the realm of
> the absurd.  To effectively snatch either one they're going to have to
> either see it for a long time, see it many times, or take some sort of
> photo/record.

I think 'Oj4=puC/8jq' is much easier to memorize due to the fact, that
it has 3 groups of 3 chars each: Oj4 puC 8jq, separated by '=' and '/',
while the token T2o0PXB1Qy84anEK is much complex to memorize, don't
you agree?

Btw: I'm fine with storing the pws in clear text in pidgin, because
it is a personal computer, and one will not bring them on the screen
without knowing why he/she is doing that.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: www.asciiribbon.org
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  \ / - No HTML/RTF in E-mail