How Do I Send SMS Messages Using My ICQ Account ?

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Dec 3 02:41:25 EST 2013

It sounds like you're doing everything correctly. I don't know why it
isn't working. It doesn't work for me, either (from an AIM account nor
an ICQ account).

I see two equally likely possibilities:
1. The functionality is broken or disabled in the AIM and ICQ servers.
2. The AIM and ICQ protocol has changed slightly and Pidgin isn't
behaving as needed in order for this to function.

We could probably narrow the problem down further by checking if this
functionality still exists in official AIM and ICQ clients and whether
it still works there.