Can not find 32 bit bonjour that installs on 64 bit windows so I can use bonjour with Pidgin

Mark A. Ristich maristich at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 9 12:00:31 EST 2013

Thank you Tres for your reply.

I agree that bonjour 2.0.2 from Apple includes both 32 and 64 bit versions
(as I used the same executable to install Bonjour on my 32 bit systems), the
problem is it doesn't give you the option for installing the 32 bit version
on a 64 bit OS (I have both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7 machines on my home
network and it installed the corresponding version of Bonjour on each).  All
the 32 bit Windows machines (3 of them), and my iMAC (64bit but has Bonjour
already installed and I'm using the Messages application there) are working
with Pidgin/Bonjour fine.  The issue is still with my 64 bit Windows 7
system.

So your statement: "When you install, you will see two items in the control
panel." is the part that isn't what I see.  When I install Bonjour on my 64
bit system, I see one item for Bonjour (the other item is the "Bonjour Print
Services").  When I run the installer it explicitly says "Welcome to the
Bonjour Print Services Installer", and lists 2.0.2.0 x64 at the bottom right
near the "Cancel" button (with no option to modify that).

Any help you can provide is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Mark