problems with MSN certificate chain

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Jan 18 09:46:54 EST 2013

El día Friday, January 18, 2013 a las 08:52:16AM -0500, Ethan Blanton escribió:

> David Woolley spake unto us the following wisdom:
> > >Looking at the certificate, I think the problem is that the
> > >certificate is for contacts.msn.com, but the server is
> > >local-bay.contacts.msn.com. An earlier certificate for a server in
> > >the contacts.msn.com domain (omega.contacts.msn.com) seems to be a
> > >wild card certificate (Subject: *.contacts.msn.com).
> >
> > Although the lack of wild card may be a problem, based on off list
> > information from Matthias, it looks like Pidgin doesn't use the OS
> > root certificates, even on Windows.
>
> Pidgin doesn't use the OS root certificates *only* on Windows.

Hi Ethan,
I'm not a native English and do not understand your phrase; could you
please explain what you say; thanks

	matthias
--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz               |  - No system with backdoors like Apple/Android
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  - No HTML/RTF in E-mail
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |  - No proprietary attachments
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  - Respect for open standards