Stream Line Account Creation

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sat Jan 26 14:49:02 EST 2013

Darryl Wilson spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I have a couple of questions.  I need to create a bunch (1000+) of
> Pidgin accounts utilizing the XMPP protocol.
>
> 	1. What is the fastest way besides creating them one by one?

I assume you mean creating them on the client machines.  I suggest
populating an accounts.xml and placing it in the user's config
directory at account creation time.

> 	2. Since all users will be using the XMPP protocol, how can I
>          eliminate the other choices in the list of protocols to make
>          XMPP the default?

Create a custom Pidgin package for your system that includes only the
XMPP protocol plugin.  This will not prevent users from installing and
using other account plugins, but it will reduce confusion.

Ethan