I How do I set up Pidgin on the DROID X?

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:55:39 EST 2013

> one should not use any Android at all, only OpenSource phones with
> OpenSource apps, or a POTS phones

This is a big pragmatic.  Please answer the OPs question an move on.  The
phones you are advertising are off topic and could be considered as spam.

> There is no Pidgin version for Android, so you cannot.

Brian answered this question nicely, there's no need to link your project
page.

The long answer is a Google Summer of Code
project<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/michaelz/1>is
working on this and it may be possible (in some form) in the future.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com