start pidgin minimized

Art ky1k at myfairpoint.net
Wed Mar 13 17:12:35 EDT 2013

How do I start Pidgin minimized in the upper panel in Xubuntu 12.10???

I had a great deal of difficulty getting pidgin to work on IRC, but it
does everything I need it to do now.....with the exception of not being
able to start it minimized.

Google searches go back to 2007, suggesting scripts, utility programs to
specify the window size and location at startup and changing settings
within Pidgin. But, it seems none of the suggestions I found with a
google search actually work properly.

Is there anyway I can have Pidgin start minimized???

TIA

Art