I hve lost my list of buddies. How do I retrieve them?

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Mar 14 05:42:55 EDT 2013

Maher, Tom (Kansas City) wrote:

Subject: I hve lost my list of buddies.  How do I retrieve them?

[No body.]

The answer depends on how you lost them, to which services you are
subscribed and the operating system you are using.

The list of buddies is stored in .purple/blist.xml, so you should
restore that from your backup.  Also some services store the list of
buddies for that service on the server, and pidgin will replace the
buddies for that service every time that you log in to the service.  The
location of the .purple directory depends on your operating system.  For
Windows, it is in the application data directory for the user.

> If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the
> sender by return email and delete this email from your system.  This

Please remember that this is a public mailing list, archived in multiple
places, so anything posted here is public, and there is no realistic way
of retrospectively changing that.

--
David Woolley