Pidgin 2.10

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 16:49:18 EDT 2013

Karl,

Thank you for asking.

Pidgin can be deployed in a commercial environment free of charge.

If you use any 3rd party plugins, please check their licenses separately.
 One example is SIPE (For Microsoft Link Server).  SIPE uses the GPL2
license, which allows commercial use under the same guidelines as Pidgin.

Here is a blurb from the Pidgin "About" page:

> Pidgin is free and contains no ads. All our code is open source and
> licensed under the GNU General Public License. This means you can get
> Pidgin's underlying code and modify it to suit your needs, as long as you
> publish the changes you make for everyone to benefit from as well.

Pidgin uses "GPL" as well. More information can be found here:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html

-Tres