sending images

Negin Bairami Negin.Bairami at reelfx.com
Wed Mar 27 14:57:17 EDT 2013

Hi, I'm switching from sys_hey and hey_fax to Pidgin as my primary IM tool.  I cannot seem to include or attach images to my messages.

I've looked at different forums online and found this link
http://www.bigblueball.com/forums/pidgin/40797-image-send-button.html
which is out of date. Also the instructions do not work on my machine.

I can see the conversation tab but the sub-tab "more" only has re-authorization as an option.
Insert "image" is also disabled.

How can I enable or attach images?

Also does Pidgin have an option to send images directly from the desktop by mouse dragging a marquee across a section and having it send that immediately?

Thank you, Negin

I'm using Pidgin 2.7.11-1.fc13