Skype and Google XMPP

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue May 21 18:02:21 EDT 2013

Preguntón Cojonero Cabrón wrote:

> MSN and Skype ?

Skype is not going to happen unless Microsoft changes its licensing or
remove the encryption.

Do you know something about their plans for MSN that we don't. It was
originally going to close down before now.

For a more detailed explanation, see:

http://theflamingbanker.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/pidgin-and-impending-shutdown-of.html

> Google Talk - XMPP and new Hangouts ?

Is the Hangouts protocol specification in the public domain?  If so, I
imagine it will happen some time.  I don't know enough about it.

Please don't cross-post mailing lists.  It often makes replies fail.

--
David Woolley