Few Support Questions | Pidgin ver 2.10.7 (libpurple 2.10.7)

Spiro Angeli Spiro at siriush.com
Wed May 22 04:53:32 EDT 2013

Hi,

I wish to ask 3 questions.

1. I noticed that if I set the software to switch status after 5 minutes of
inactivity (mouse and keyboard) most of the time it takes always 3 to 5
minutes more to meet the 5 minutes.
What can cause this behavior? I ask this because if I need that after 5
minutes (as example) the status changes, it has to do so.

2. Is there any auto startup at PC startup or logon?

3. Setting up an account, what is the setting that would assure me that user
validation is done with encryption? Is there also a way to verify?

Here are the service server settings:
===========================

Protocol: XMPP or Jabber
Domain: xxx.com
Jabber ID: xxxx at xxx.com
Password: my password
Port: 5000
Server: xxx.com
Use SSL/TLS: Yes
Allow plaintext authentication: Yes

How should I set it up with the above settings? Also I fail to find the
filed "Jabber ID" in Pidgin.

Thank you,
Spiro