Issue question

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 16:27:20 EST 2013

Jeff,

Yes.
On Nov 4, 2013 4:24 PM, "Pishkur, Jeff" <jpishkur at fullsail.com> wrote:

> Do you just click in the buddy list and start typing?

Yes.

to even search for the buddy, it doesn’t pop up the window anymore.

> I just start typing and it will behave the same way by searching for a
buddy.  Can you try that?

> - Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com
>

> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Pishkur, Jeff <jpishkur at fullsail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Tres,
>

> Yes, the CTRL+F in the buddy list is where they are having the issue. It
has been working just fine, all of the sudden 3 users have the same issue.
I don’t believe we are on 2.10.7 but it’s just strange that the issue arose
out of the blue.

> They cannot get anything to pop up when they hit ctrl+F at all in order
to even search for the buddy, it doesn’t pop up the window anymore.

> Thanks
>

> ~JP

 Windows OS?

> If you're speaking about the buddy list, it works for me in 2.10.7.  What
version are you running?

> Once it has found the buddy in the list, you have to hit "ESC" or "Enter"
afterward.  If you don't, mouse and arrow navigation of the buddy list is
blocked (a pet peeve of mine, but I deal with it).  I believe this is
inherent to the GTK runtime that is used by Pidgin.

> -Tres
>

> - Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com
>

> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Pishkur, Jeff <jpishkur at fullsail.com>
wrote:

> Hello, has there been any issues with the Ctrl+F search function stopping
working? We have several users here that have this issue all of the sudden.

> Thanks for any info.
>

> JP
>

> Jeff Pishkur | IMT Help Desk | Information Media and Technology Dept. |
Full Sail University