Suggestion

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Nov 13 16:34:58 EST 2013

On 13/11/13 09:42, Phil Hannent wrote:

> 1, Android has a native development kit so that C and C++ code can run
> on Android, however yes you need a version for each processor
> architecture, although generally ARM and x86 are going to cover the
> market.

I may be wrong, but my impression was that ARM was more of an
architecture tool kit than a single architecture and a common subset may
be very low performance, or not even exist (there is not so much of an
imperative to maintain the equivalents of Microsoft's 32 and even 16 bit
emulations).

> 5, APK install files for Android can be installed from a download or
> memory card, you just need to turn off verification in the developer
> settings of your Android phone. However the Android App store probably
> doesn't have the restrictions on GPL code that Apple has.

Does APK support native code?  I would have thought things like the app
permission system where implemented in the Java side.

6) A fot finger touch screen environment is very different from a fine
pointing mouse one (although I think sometime people really mean a new
libpurple application, rather than a port of Pidgin, which is the user
interface).