Reg: Cannot connect to ICG via pidgin

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sat Aug 16 17:55:16 EDT 2014

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 7:35 AM, we3tech <we3carestech at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are using Pidgin on our CentOS 5.10 64 bit machine Pidgin version is
> Pidgin 2.6.6-17.el5_9.1

That version of Pidgin is extremely old (four and a half years). There
have been changes to how Pidgin uses clientlogin since then. I think
there have also been changes to the list of CA certs bundled with
Pidgin (which may or may not be relevant to the build you're using).
There have also been many important security fixes.

I can't guarantee that upgrading to the current version will fix your
problem, but I think it's not worth spending time debugging an older
version. And upgrading will protect you from many security problems.