Pidgin windows wrong numbar of new mail after restart computer.

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Wed Feb 12 19:08:24 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 6:49 AM, Daniel Frunza <daniel_frunza at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Pidgin 2.10.9 (libpurple 2.10.9)
>  9438f4b2904d9574b9e6ffba463d354b3661139f
> on my windows XP computer. When i start my computer in the morning, pidgin
> announce me an number of new e-mail on yahoo ( lets tell n ). In the next
> morning, pidgin announce an n+x number of new mail where x is the real
> number of new mails ( for example, yesterday was 49 an today are 50 BUT, in
> my inbox is ONLY 1 new mail ). During all day, when i received a new mail
> it notify me correct.
> In the next morning, when i start the computer and pidgin, the number of
> mail is exact the number of yesterday first time announce + the new mails
> that is in may inbox.
>
> How can i debug the problem to offer more informations?

Do you have unread messages that are in a folder other than your inbox?

Pidgin is simply displaying the number that it gets from the yahoo server.

A debug log (http://d.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForBugReports) from when you're
logging in and it shows the incorrect count may have some information, but
I suspect the server is telling pidgin that you have "n+x" new messages.