Character limit on passwords?

Kristina Marusic kristina.marusic at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 15:00:22 EDT 2014

Weird. I'm using Windows 7 and Pidgin 2.10.9 (libpurple 2.10.9).

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Pidgin, and also copy/pasting my
password rather than typing, and I'm still unable to paste or type the full
password in. When I attempt to save the account it keeps it "not
authorized," and the saved password seems to be only 22 characters.