Alternative to SourceForge

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Mar 24 02:58:44 EDT 2014

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 2:14 AM, mmj <mmj at freenet.de> wrote:
> do you folks have an alternative download source for Pidgin,

We do not. Well, unless you're using Linux, in which case we generally
recommend that users install Pidgin via their distribution's standard
package management repositories.

> since
> SourceForge-downloads are toxicated with ad- and malware meanwhile?
>
> Just hover the link(s) and you'll see what crap you'll get with SF.

Hmm, the actual files that you download should absolutely not have ads
or malware. If this is the case, please let us know! If the
Sourceforge website contains or links to malware, please let them
know! The Sourceforge website does contain ads... but then again, so
does much of the rest of the Internet. This is perhaps not ideal, but
I suspect most of us don't see this as a major problem (I certainly
don't).