Post-Upgrade to 2.10.10 pidgin.exe freezes interminably

Memisyazici, Aras arasm at vt.edu
Tue Nov 4 13:49:32 EST 2014

ISSUE:
Pidgin.exe freezes upon launch, and cannot be terminated. Methods attempted to terminate process include psexec -s generated cmd window using taskkill, procexp and built-in taskmgr. Only way to clear the stuck process is to reboot the system.

DEBUG Info:
Stack trace: http://www.hastebin.com/obiqisifan.avrasm

OS Info:
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit (Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601)

STATUS:
This behavior began post-upgrade to 2.10.10.

STEPS TAKEN TO DEBUG:
*) I've uninstalled pidgin, rebooted, upon logging back in, verified no left-overs (checked registry, removed .purple folder and verified nothing in program files), then rebooted one more time and re-installed. RESULT: Freezing
*) per suggestion of datallah on freenode #pidgin removed A/V and EMET to see if that made a difference then repeated above step. RESULT: Freezing
*) Removed entire profile on Windows system, created new profile, attempted to launch pidgin. RESULT: Freezing
*) Using Process Explorer, killed each thread in stack individually. Then killed all open handles. RESULT: Still not able to kill process and is stuck

At this point, I'm at a loss, which is why I'm seeking advice on what to try next. Are there any methods to debug pidgin, run it in some verbose fashion to see what it is stuck onand what we can do next?

Thanks,
--Russ