Office Communicator issue regarding font displays on terminating hosts

Scott Canaga scanaga at intermedia.net
Wed Nov 5 19:24:56 EST 2014

Hi

I've got an interesting issue I'm not sure how to resolve.

I use Pidgin to get around Lync 2013's bloated UI. I'm experiencing an issue with fonts. No matter what font I select (either using the configuration under Tools -> Preferences -> Conversations -> Font, or Tools -> Plugins -> Pidgin GTK+ Theme Control (or Conversation Colors) the display on the terminating machine (which is using Lync 2013) is a copy of the end user's font.

Is this a known issue?

To reiterate, Pidgin's font selection doesn't seem to negotiate with lync properly. Pidgin displays inbound messages from me to my recipients as the recipient's font configuration and there doesn't appear to be a way to fix this by modifying the font.

For example:

If my font is set to look like this

And my recipient's font looks like this

My font looks like this on the recipient's application (Lync 2013)

But not like this.

Scott Canaga
L2 Support Engineer - Intermedia Inc
Phone: 877-357-0750 Ext 8424
[intermedialogo]

Intermedia
3310 146th Place SE
Bellevue, Washington 98007
www.intermedia.net<http://www.intermedia.net/> * Follow us on Twitter<http://twitter.com/intermedia_net>

Read our report on the SMB rogue access threat:
The Ex-Employee Menace<http://www.intermedia.net/Reports/RogueAccess?utm_source=social&utm_medium=CorporateEmailSig&utm_content=Report&utm_campaign=SSAppID>

About Intermedia
Intermedia's Office in the Cloud(tm)<http://www.intermedia.net/solutions/office-in-the-cloud> delivers essential IT services for SMBs and the partners who serve them - including hosted Exchange, Hosted PBX, SecuriSync file sync and share, security, mobility, identity and access management, archiving, instant messaging, conferencing and more. Our services are all pre-integrated, managed from a single control panel, and backed by our famous worry-free experience<http://www.intermedia.net/support/worry-free>.

With 60,000 customers, over one million users and 5,000 active partners, Intermedia is the world's largest one-stop shop for cloud IT. Learn more at Intermedia.net<http://intermedia.net>.

This message is intended only for the person(s) to which it is addressed and may contain Intermedia.net Inc privileged, confidential and/or proprietary information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action concerning the contents of this message and any attachment(s) by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.