Office Communicator issue regarding font displays on terminating hosts

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Fri Nov 7 09:59:48 EST 2014

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 7:24 PM, Scott Canaga <scanaga at intermedia.net> wrote:

> Hi
>

> I’ve got an interesting issue I’m not sure how to resolve.
>

> I use Pidgin to get around Lync 2013’s bloated UI. I’m experiencing an
issue with fonts. No matter what font I select (either using the
configuration under Tools -> Preferences -> Conversations -> Font, or Tools
-> Plugins -> Pidgin GTK+ Theme Control (or Conversation Colors) the
display on the terminating machine (which is using Lync 2013) is a copy of
the end user’s font.

> Is this a known issue?
>

> To reiterate, Pidgin’s font selection doesn’t seem to negotiate with lync
properly. Pidgin displays inbound messages from me to my recipients as the
recipient’s font configuration and there doesn’t appear to be a way to fix
this by modifying the font.

This question should be directed to the Sipe folks (
http://sipe.sourceforge.net/).

-D