Pidgin on Windows Server

Brian Henson henson.brian1 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 21:20:36 EST 2014

 Wanted to ask about this again
 because I never got a real answer.

 I am trying to get Pidgin to work on a Windows Server
 installation. The server is not multihomed.

 When I run it, it appears to work, but does not display any
 of the other users on the network. The server is on the same
 subnet as the rest of the machines that are currently using
 Pidgin.

 Other users can see me but I can't see any users. If a user
 messages me it does not show up in my messenger.

 Is there maybe a port conflict? I don't have a software
 firewall of any kind running on the server (the whole
 network runs through a hardware firewall before reaching
 outside).

 Any ideas?

 -Brian Henson