Pidgin on Windows Server

Brian Henson henson.brian1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 15:43:24 EST 2014

Wanted to ask about this again because I never got a real answer.

I am trying to get Pidgin to work on a Windows Server installation. The server is not multihomed.

When I run it, it appears to work, but does not display any of the other users on the network. The server is on the same subnet as the rest of the machines that are currently using Pidgin.

Other users can see me but I can't see any users. If a user messages me it does not show up in my messenger.

Is there maybe a port conflict? I don't have a software firewall of any kind running on the server (the whole network runs through a hardware firewall before reaching outside).

Any ideas?

-Brian Henson