Support Digest, Vol 87, Issue 17

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Wed Nov 12 21:11:15 EST 2014

Memisyazici, Aras spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Are you able to close pidgin at all? I've had a similar situation now
> for a week, and due to this issue ended up uninstalling the software
> and moving forward with Adium.

Sounds like you're on OS X.  We recommend Adium on OS X, in fact.

> Given the amount of people complaining about this type of behavior,
> I'm wondering if the devs would now take our findings a bit more
> serious...

The behavior in the email you're referencing was a failure to
understand the Windows system tray icon behavior.  (I don't understand
it, either, I don't use Windows, so I can't help.)  It's not related
to whatever issues you're having.

What that has to do with taking things seriously, I don't know.  I
look forward to my paycheck, I guess.  :-P

Ethan