Renaming contact massively using XMPP common name

Rémy GARRIGUE remy.garrigue at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 09:07:17 EDT 2015

Hi

Whenever I connect to my compagny's jabber, the contact list display each
user's login. I'm looking for either

- A way to rename all my contact at once using their XMPP common name. Even
if that mean installing another jabber / XMPP client which know how to do
that and removing it afterward.

- Or maybe a howto enforce display name from the jabber server, which I
could discuss with the guy in charge. I know he tried but couldn't find a
way to do it, or it didn't work as expected.

Thanks and regards,

Rémy Garrigue